FIND OUT MORE ABOUT
the Bank of Μedimall IVF Clinic
EGGS, SPERM & EMBRYOS AS YOUR OWN
If egg, sperm or embryo donation are the only ways to have a baby – like thousands of couples and single women who for many different reasons have chosen that solution -, the Medimall Bank is at your service. We give you the opportunity to get eggs, sperm and embryos from dozens of different phenotypes of women and men with characteristics (skin/hair/eye color, height, weight, blood type, race and other personal information) that are matching to yours. Knowing that every year 1,500 babies are born from conception through the donation of eggs, sperm and embryos, there are now more than 1,500,000 children worldwide who have been born thanks to donation programs.
Following the standards and the legal framework set by the European Union, Medimall Bank is distinguished for a number of advantages that make us special in the donation of eggs, sperm and embryos. The reasons to choose us:
- We have high quality fresh and cryopreserved eggs, sperm and embryos.We meticulously select our donors through clinical, genetic, personality and psychology testing.
- We ensure the ideal conditions for cryopreservation, storage and transport.
- We guarantee the anonymity of the donors.
- We provide complete traceability to all our donated eggs/sperm/embryos from our Bank’s donors, but at the same time we ensure the absolute impossibility of access to them according to the law (with the sole exception of the cases defined by the same law).
- We strictly apply the availability of a specific number of eggs/spermatozoids from each donor. This number is calculated by the babies born from the same donor and is limited by law up to 10. We reasure that, by following the path of each egg/spermatozoid, from the moment it is donated and fertilized, until a successful IVF is obtained and eventually the baby is born.
Our efforts in improving IVF quality standards are formally recognised with an ISO 9001:2008 certification.
CRYOPRESERVATION BANK LICENCE
The Medimall IVF Clinic egg, sperm and embryo bank is recognized under law (license number: 334 / 09-05-2017) by the Hellenic Health Authorities (HACCP) as an authorized Cryopreservation Bank for the distribution of genetic material to hospitals and clinics, both in Greece and abroad.
MEDICALLY ASSISTED REPRODUCTION UNIT LICENCE
The Medimall IVF Clinic is a medically assisted reproduction unit recognized under law (No. 332 / 09-05-2017) by the Greek Health Authorities (HEI).
THE DETAILED CHECKING OF OUR DONORS
All of our donors undergo a detailed review of their individual, family and hereditary history. This procedure includes the following exams:
- Psychological assessment
- Personality tests
- Blood type
- Cystic Fibrosis Test (85% of known mutations)
- Control of the 35delG mutation gene for the hereditary hearing loss
- Test for Beta Thalassemia
- Depletion Test
Renal Function Control
- Blood Urea Nitrogen
- Uric Acid Blood
- Serum creatinine
Control of contagious and infectious diseases
- Hepatitis B (HBsAg)
- Hepatitis C (HCV)
- AIDS (HIV I-II)
- Syphilis (RPR)
- Cervical fluid chlamydia
- Cervical fluid mycoplasma
- Tracheal fluid ureaplasma
- Microscopic examination of vaginal fluid for Neisser
- Toxoplasma antibodies (IgG-IgM)
- Cytomegalovirus antibodies (IgG-IgM)
- Aerobic and anaerobic culture of vaginal fluid
- TSH (Thyroid Hormone)
- FT3 (Free Triiodothyronine)
- FT4 (Free Thyroxine)
- Anti-Tg (Antithyroglobulin Antibodies)
- Anti-M (Anticorrosive antibodies)
- AMH (Anti-Mullerian hormone)
- FSH (Hormone-Stimulating Hormone)
- LH (Ochrinotropic hormone)
- PRL (Prolactin)
- DEHA-S (Divine Dehydroepiandrosterone)
- F-Testo (Free Testosterone)
- Cardiac testing
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
Liver Function Control
- Serum cholelithine total
- Serum bilirubin immediate
- Serum cholelithine indirect
- Oxaloacetic Transaminase (SGOT)
- Transfusion Transaminase (SGPT)
- Alkaline phosphatase
Control for Metabolic Syndromes - Absorption Syndromes - Diabetes Mellitus
- Glycosylated hemoglobin
- Blood cholesterol
- HDL cholesterol
- LDL cholesterol
- VLDL cholesterol
- Blood triglycerides
- Total blood lipids
- Total serum albumin
- Serum albumin / leukomatins
- Serum albumin electrophoresis
- 1.25 Dihydroxy Vitamin D3
- Vitamin B12
All our donors follow normal habits and lifestyle. And also:
- They do not smoke
- They do not drink alcohol
- They do not use addictive or narcotic substances
- Do mild exercise 2-3 times a week.
Finally, we pay special attention to the educational level, interests and hobbies of our donors.
THE CHOICE OF EGGS, SPERM AND EMBRYOS
We have at your disposal eggs and sperm from dozens of phenotypes of men and women, so you can choose in terms of characteristics, race, body type, nationality, blood type.
NO WAITING LIST
Here, at Mediamall Bank, we pay special attention to the time that flies by and we recognize the importance of good timing. For this reason, we make sure the elapsed time from the moment of your selection of the desired phenotype until the moment the corresponding egg, sperm or embryo will be available either at our clinic or at the clinic of your choice, does not exceed 15-20 days.
SUCCESS RATES THAT REACH 80%
We are proud of the high success rates of our eggs, sperm and embryos. These are due to both the meticulous fertility tests undertaken by our donors as well as the whole collection and preservation process exclusively by gynaecologists and biologists with certified knowledge and experience in assisted reproduction.
The transfer of each batch of eggs, sperm or embryos is done by a specialized transport company, in Dry-shippers containers suitable for the purpose, where the insulating inner cover is immersed in liquid nitrogen and internally remains dry. The transport is done by air all over the world, while outside the container there is the indication that it is genetic material, with the details of the recipient recorded both in the package and in the accompanying documents.
HIGH QUALITY CRYOPRESERVATION
Eggs: Once the eggs have been retrieved from the donor (if not used directly fresh for fertilization), they get frozen at a very low temperature by vitrification, which achieves very good survival rates after thawing and consequently, high pregnancy rates. The eggs are then placed in solutions with special cryoprotectants, frozen and stored in liquid nitrogen at a temperature of -196ºC. It is worth noting that children born from thawed eggs do not differ from those of IVF with fresh eggs.
The sperm: After taking the sample, it is evaluated and processed in order to follow its cryopreservation. The procedure is performed by adding a special cryoprotective ingredient which prevents the damage that can be caused by freezing and crystallization of ice. At Medimall IVF Clinic we use the fast freezing technique. It requires direct contact between the sterile tubes which hold the samples in nitrogen vapor for 8 to 10 minutes, followed by immersion in liquid nitrogen at -196ºC.
SIGN UP TO THE MEDIMALL
Subscribe to our newsletter and be informed on the latest news and developments in Health and Fertility