FIND OUT MORE ABOUT EGG & SPERM BANK
of Μedimall IVF Clinic
EGGS, SPERM & EMBRYOS AS YOUR OWN
If egg, sperm or embryo donation are the only way to have a baby – like thousands of couples and single women who have chosen that solution for many different reasons -, Medimall Egg & Sperm Bank is at your service. We give you the opportunity to get eggs, sperm and embryos from dozens of different phenotypes of women and men with characteristics (skin/hair/eye color, height, weight, blood type, race etc.) that match to yours. Knowing that every year 1,500 babies are conceived through donation of eggs, sperm and embryos, there are now more than 1,500,000 children worldwide who have been born thanks to donation programs.
Following the standards and the legal framework set by the European Union, Medimall Egg & Sperm Bank has strong advantages. The reasons to choose us:
- We have high quality fresh and cryopreserved eggs, sperm and embryos. We meticulously select our donors through clinical, genetic, personality and psychology testing.
- We ensure the ideal conditions for cryopreservation, storage and transport.
- We guarantee the anonymity of the donors.
- We provide complete traceability to all our donated eggs/sperm/embryos from our Bank’s donors, but at the same time we deny access to them according to the law (except of the cases defined by the same law).
- We strictly apply the availability of a specific number of eggs/spermatozoids from each donor. This number is calculated by the babies born from the same donor and is limited by law up to 10. We reassure that, by following the path of each egg/spermatozoid, from the moment it is donated and fertilized, until a successful IVF is obtained and eventually the baby is born.
Wishing to seal the high quality of assisted reproduction services in our clinic we have obtained the ISO 9001:2008 certification.
CRYOPRESERVATION BANK LICENCE
The Medimall IVF Clinic Egg, Sperm and Embryo bank is recognized under law (license number: 334 / 09-05-2017) by the Greek National Authority of Assisted Reproduction ( Ε.Α.Ι.Υ.Α.), as an authorized Cryopreservation Bank for the distribution of genetic material to hospitals and clinics, Greece and other countries.
MEDICALLY ASSISTED REPRODUCTION UNIT LICENCE
The Medimall IVF Clinic is a medically assisted reproduction unit recognized under law (No. 332 / 09-05-2017) the Greek National Authority of Assisted Reproduction ( Ε.Α.Ι.Υ.Α.).
THE DETAILED SCREENING OF OUR DONORS
All of our donors undergo a detailed review of their individual, family and hereditary history. This procedure includes the following exams:
- Psychological assessment
- Personality tests
- Blood type
- Cystic Fibrosis Test (85% of known mutations)
- Control of the 35delG mutation gene for the hereditary hearing loss
- Test for Beta Thalassemia
- Depletion Test
Renal Function Control
- Blood Urea Nitrogen
- Uric Acid Blood
- Serum creatinine
Control of contagious and infectious diseases
- Hepatitis B (HBsAg)
- Hepatitis C (HCV)
- AIDS (HIV I-II)
- Syphilis (RPR)
- Cervical fluid chlamydia
- Cervical fluid mycoplasma
- Tracheal fluid ureaplasma
- Microscopic examination of vaginal fluid for Neisser
- Toxoplasma antibodies (IgG-IgM)
- Cytomegalovirus antibodies (IgG-IgM)
- Aerobic and anaerobic culture of vaginal fluid
- TSH (Thyroid Hormone)
- FT3 (Free Triiodothyronine)
- FT4 (Free Thyroxine)
- Anti-Tg (Antithyroglobulin Antibodies)
- Anti-M (Anticorrosive antibodies)
- AMH (Anti-Mullerian hormone)
- FSH (Hormone-Stimulating Hormone)
- LH (Ochrinotropic hormone)
- PRL (Prolactin)
- DEHA-S (Divine Dehydroepiandrosterone)
- F-Testo (Free Testosterone)
- Cardiac testing
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
Liver Function Control
- Serum cholelithine total
- Serum bilirubin immediate
- Serum cholelithine indirect
- Oxaloacetic Transaminase (SGOT)
- Transfusion Transaminase (SGPT)
- Alkaline phosphatase
Control for Metabolic Syndromes - Absorption Syndromes - Diabetes Mellitus
- Glycosylated hemoglobin
- Blood cholesterol
- HDL cholesterol
- LDL cholesterol
- VLDL cholesterol
- Blood triglycerides
- Total blood lipids
- Total serum albumin
- Serum albumin / leukomatins
- Serum albumin electrophoresis
- 1.25 Dihydroxy Vitamin D3
- Vitamin B12
All our donors follow normal habits and lifestyle. And also they:
- Do not smoke
- Do not drink alcohol
- Do not use addictive or narcotic substances
- Do mild exercise 2-3 times a week.
Finally, we pay special attention to the educational level, interests and hobbies of our donors.
THE CHOICE OF EGGS, SPERM AND EMBRYOS
We offer you eggs and sperm from dozens of phenotypes of men and women, so you can choose the characteristics, race, body type, nationality, blood type.
NO WAITING LIST
We recognize the importance of timing. That is why, the time between the moment you suggest the phenotype you wish and the moment the genetic material is available (either in our clinic or in another clinic), does not exceed 15-20 days.
SUCCESS RATES UP TO 80%
We are proud of the high success rates of our Bank’s cryopreserved genetic material. This is due to both the meticulous fertility testing of our donors and the entire process of collection and preservation exclusively by gynecologists and biologists with certified knowledge and experience in the field of assisted reproduction.
The transfer of each batch of eggs, sperm or embryos is done by a specialized transport company, in Dry-shippers containers suitable for the purpose, where the insulating inner cover is immersed in liquid nitrogen and internally remains dry. The transport is done by air all over the world, while outside the container there is the indication that it is genetic material, with the details of the recipient recorded both in the package and in the accompanying documents.
TOP SPECIFICATION CRYOPRESERVATION
Eggs: Once the oocytes have been obtained from the donor (if not used directly for fertilization), they are frozen at a very low temperature using a method called vetrification, which achieves very good survival rates after thawing and, correspondingly, high pregnancy rates. The oocytes are then placed in solutions with special cryoprotective agents, frozen and stored in liquid nitrogen at -196ºC. It is worth emphasizing that children born from thawed eggs are no different from those born from IVF with fresh eggs.
Sperm: After the sample is taken, it is evaluated and processed in order to follow its cryopreservation. The process is carried out by adding a special cryoprotective ingredient which prevents damage caused by freezing and ice crystallization. At Medimall IVF Clinic we use the rapid freezing technique. This requires direct contact between sterile tubes which hold the samples in nitrogen vapor for 8 to 10 minutes, followed by immersion in liquid nitrogen at -196ºC.
SIGN UP TO THE MEDIMALL
Subscribe to our newsletter and be informed on the latest news and developments in Health and Fertility