Eggs, sperm, or embryo donation: How to select with safety your genetic material!
If egg, sperm, or embryo donation are the only ways to have a baby, then Medimall IVF Clinic chooses the right genetic material for you.
Genetic Material donation is the most effective solution for infertile couples. Infertility is defined as the inability of a couple to conceive and terminate a pregnancy after at least one year of regular sexual intercourse without contraception. According to the World Health Organization, infertility is a condition that needs medical treatment. So if you belong to an infertile couple and choose to become parents by donating sperm, eggs, or embryos, you should responsibly choose an IVF center that will ensure you a safe and healthy baby.
When should a couple consider eggs, sperm, or embryo(genetic material) donation?
This is a difficult question, as each couple is unique. Eggs, sperm, or embryo donation is a rather common solution for infertile couples to conceive a child.
Sperm donation program
Sperm donation is the process by which a man donates his sperm to help an individual or a couple have a child. The sperm can either be injected directly into a woman’s uterus (Intrauterine insemination, IUI) or used to fertilize eggs by in vitro fertilization. The sperm donor, who remains anonymous, and is aged 18-35, is examined by a physician. He also undergoes a series of laboratory tests.
Egg donation program
The egg donation program enables them to achieve pregnancy in the following cases:
1. Women with premature menopause.
2. Women with poor-quality eggs.
3. Women aged 43-50 (Over 50 is prohibited by law).
4. Women with chromosomal abnormalities and genetic conditions that make the outcome of a pregnancy impossible or problematic.
5. Infertile couples, in which the woman underwent chemotherapy, which makes it impossible to stimulate the hormones of her ovaries.
Embryos donation program
The exact program is recommended for couples with azoospermia (absence of sperm) or lack of eggs, who want to have a child. In these cases, the same tests are performed, which are done in Egg Donation as well as in Sperm Donation. The success rates are correspondingly high with the Egg Donation cases.
How can I choose the right genetic material for me?
At Medimall IVF Clinic we give you the opportunity to get eggs, sperm, and embryos from dozens of different phenotypes of women and men with characteristics (skin/hair/eye color, height, weight, blood type, race, and other personal information) that are matching to yours. Knowing that every year 1,500 babies are born from conception through the donation of eggs, sperm, and embryos, there are now more than 1,500,000 children worldwide who have been born thanks to donation programs.
Genetic Material Bank of Μedimall IVF Clinic
- We have high quality fresh or cold-preserved eggs, sperm, and embryos.
- We have high quality fresh and cryopreserved eggs, sperm, and embryos.
- We meticulously select our donors through clinical, genetic, personality, and psychological testing.
- We ensure the ideal conditions for cryopreservation, storage, and transport.
- We guarantee the anonymity of the donors.
- We provide complete traceability to all our donated eggs/sperm/embryos from our Bank’s donors, but at the same time, we ensure the absolute impossibility of access to them according to the law (with the sole exception of the cases defined by the same law).
- We strictly apply the availability of a specific number of eggs/spermatozoids from each donor. This number is calculated by the babies born from the same donor and is limited by law up to 10. We reassure that, by following the path of each egg/spermatozoid, from the moment it is donated and fertilized, until a successful IVF is obtained and eventually the baby is born.
The philosophy of the Medimall IVF Clinic puts in absolute priority the close cooperation with the doctor, who completely guides and coordinates the reproductive effort, with the respect and consistency required by the provision of high-quality services.
SIGN UP TO THE MEDIMALL
Subscribe to our newsletter and be informed on the latest news and developments in Health and Fertility