Natural Cycle IVF is the IVF with no stimulation of the ovaries through medication, but through the ultrasound monitoring of a woman’s cycle. Monitoring is held until the ovarian follicle of the cycle reaches the ideal diameter and the hormonal measurement shows that a mature ovum can be collected.
When Natural Cycle IVF is recommended:
This method is recommended in cases of women:
- whose ovaries do not correspond adequately to medication for their stimulation
- who have repeatedly failed previous IVF attempts
- who do not wish the stimulation of their ovaries or the medical history of whom does not allow it
What are the “advantages” of the method:
- Women do not take any medication
- They have the possibility to repeat the procedure every month
- The collection of eggs is of very good quality, most of the times
- It has a low psychological burden for the couple or woman
What are the “disadvantages” of this method:
Τhis method has the following inconveniences:
- During the scheduled egg retrieval, possibly ovulation might occur, so egg retrieval is impossible.
- The egg might not be mature enough to be fertilized by a spermatozoon.
- The egg might not be fertilized.
In Μedimall Fertility Clinic of Athens, Greece we have a great level of expertise in the IVF method in natural cycle and very satisfying results. We are pioneers, since in the 1st International Convention of Natural Cycle in December 2006, we published first our series of cases and their success rates.